Injuries from a car accident can be extremely stressful, burdensome and painful. The pain from your injuries can interfere with your day to day life and progress over time, which is why it is essential to initiate care as soon as possible. When evaluating care options, you may wonder what type of care will best relieve your acute pain, as well as yield permanent relief in the long run. Research shows that there are many benefits to initiating physical therapy care within 96 hours after you are in a motor vehicle accident.
Why Choose Physical Therapy When You’ve Been in a Car Accident?
- At Emery Physical Therapy, our therapists always perform a thorough examination of your injuries and determine the best course of action to provide the most beneficial symptom relief. They gather information about your medical history, the type and severity of the accident, and other types of treatment you are receiving in conjunction with your physical therapy to determine what treatments, exercises, and modalities will be most helpful with your healing.
- Acute treatment may include manual therapies (which may include manipulations, strain-counterstrain, or other hands-on techniques), light pumping exercises, and/or microcurrent.
- Long term treatment may include manual therapies and/or specific strengthening exercises to decrease long term discomfort.
- Studies have shown that physical therapy is effective in treating whiplash injuries because it prescribes active treatment which includes physical therapy evaluation, posture control, neck rotation and pumping exercises, strengthening exercises, and other treatments depending on the needs of the patient. Again, for best treatment results, active care ideally begins within 96 hours of the accident.
- Whether your injuries are joint, muscle, neurological, whiplash or vestibular-ocular we are prepared to treat you quickly and efficiently.
Experience You Can Rely On When It Comes to Car Accident Treatment
Our senior physical therapists have nearly 30 years of clinical experience with a wide range of continuing education. We have extensive experience in the evaluation and treatment of whiplash and other auto injuries and are confident we will have you feeling better as soon as possible. Give us a call at 847-786-2014.